CARIS Islington Bereavement Service – Senior Counsellor or Supervisor Vacancy
CARIS Islington are looking to appoint 2 new Senior Counsellors for 8 hours per week OR 1 new Senior Counsellor for 16 hours per week.
These are fixed term contracts of one year.
Main Responsibilities per 8 Hours:
- Provide fortnightly group supervision to two evening groups (one group each week 8pm to 10pm, three volunteer counsellors in each group).
- Assess up to three clients per week in need of bereavement counselling – clients are to be seen in our building or in their home in Islington. Following assessment, write referral letter to counsellor and complete Core.Net assessment form. One assessment per week to be at 6pm, others at time of post holder’s choosing.
- Maintain clinical and statistical records for the service, including using Core.Net.
- Keep abreast of recent developments in the field of bereavement work and current agreed professional standards, including the impact of legislation on counselling agencies.
- To work with the Manager in the development of the Bereavement Service and in maintaining high professional standards throughout the service.
Please email email@example.com for an application pack.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th August 2017