Terapia is one of the leading Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling training organisation in the UK. We also provide highly specialised counselling, psychotherapy and bespoke mental health services for young people, children, parents and families. We work with individuals, organisations, schools and statutory and non-statutory sector.
Over the last two decades, we have developed an expertise in all issues related to child mental health. Our training is demanding; our graduates can offer the highest standard of knowledge and therapeutic skills in psychotherapy profession. We use established best practice in child psychotherapy along with the latest findings from neuroscience to resolve psychological pain and recover lives and hope. We know it works.
Our developing expertise in forensic practice with children and young people coupled with dedicated therapeutic facilities for this group of clients enables us to provide a highly specialist forensic work gleaned from our know-how in this area.
Middlesex University validates Terapia and we are accredited by the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP). We are also accredited by Professional Standards Authority (PSA). Graduates of our MA course are eligible for membership with the European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP).
We are based in Finchley Central at The Bothy, 17A East End Road, London N3 3QE which has only recently opened in September 2017. This Centre has purpose built training facilities, play therapy rooms, counselling rooms, and sensory equipment, which enables us to provide high quality mental health, counselling and psychotherapy services and a holistic approach to troubled young people and children.
Each student on Terapia’s course is required to provide voluntary counselling and psychotherapy hours with children of all ages as well as their parents. This affords us with the potential to deliver an invaluable service for families who otherwise would not be able to afford it. We have the psychotherapeutic expertise and facilities to make a lasting difference working with other agencies and linking education, mental health and social services. We aim to put positive examples of joined up thinking into practice.
Our main activities concentrate on:
- Providing MA Training in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling, training in Forensic Practice with Children and Young People (subject to MA validation), and Supervision Training for counsellors, counselling psychologists and psychotherapists.
- Providing counselling and psychotherapy to adolescents, children, parents and families.
- Providing training, support and advice to families, parents and professionals involved in working with children using the expertise of our trainers, graduates and trainees in liaison with Terapia Training in Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- The services are also provided on an outreach basis to local schools and family centres.
- Liaising with local statutory and non-statutory sector organisations towards establishing child integrated services. Providing relief work for existing services in the local communities which are currently unable to meet the demand for psychological services and forensic work children and adolescents.
Establishing a Centre for Excellence for Young People and Children as a model of truly integrated psychological services in the country.