Schools & Organisations
Terapia’s School Services delivers a wide range of specialist therapeutic services in primary and secondary schools, as well as other community organisations, to improve the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people, their families, parents/carers and the professionals working with them. We are also experienced working in pupil referral units, leaving care services and special educational needs schools, providing safe and effective support.
We use in-depth counselling skills and non-verbal techniques such as art, play, drama and music therapies in one-to-one sessions to enable children and young people to express themselves, work through difficulties, release anxiety and improve their self-esteem. We are also able to facilitate groupwork, school assemblies and staff training workshops.Read more
We work with parents and teachers, sharing specialist knowledge, providing intensive support and promoting collaborative partnerships, to empower them to understand children’s behaviour, reduce conflict and increase connection. We also provide advice on specialist referrals to CAMHS and other agencies.
Our School Service takes a holistic approach in striving to change the mental health ethos of the entire school community.
Benefits to children
- Reduction in emotional and psychological distress
- Enhanced well-being and self-confidence
- Improved behaviour, friendships and peer relationships
- Increased focus and engagement with learning
- Calmer parent and teacher responses
Benefits to teachers
- Fewer behaviour difficulties in class
- Expert advice when children show distressing behaviour
- Staff wellbeing is supported by a reduction in classroom stress
To find out more about Terapia’s School Service contact Terapia’s School Services Coordinator at [email protected] or 020 8201 6101
Senior Mental Health Lead Training
Terapia’s Senior Mental Health Lead training is quality-assured by the Department for Education (DfE). This unique training course will help to develop the knowledge and skills for education settings to implement an effective whole school or college approach to positive mental health and wellbeing.
- Become part of a network of change leaders, supporting each to implement, embed and sustain a healthy environment for growth.
- Ongoing access to our mental health community hub of psychotherapists, researchers and experts.
Step 1. Secure your place today by submitting a booking form with Terapia.
Step 2. Apply here for DfE grant funding of £1200 to cover the full cost of our training (£800). Quoting our reference number: SMHL012.
Terapia is one of the leading Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling training organisations in the UK. We also provide highly specialised counselling, psychotherapy and bespoke mental health services for children, young people, parents, carers and families. We work with individuals, organisations, schools and the statutory and non-statutory sector.
Terapia’s SMHL training has been quality assured by the DfE and we are offering it to you.
Our course will equip you in the eight core outcome areas outlined in the DfE Green Paper; focussing on developing specific leadership and management skills that will promote a culture and structure that supports positive mental health and wellbeing in your school and college.
Terapia’s SMHL Training Specification
Terapia’s SMHL training programme:
- Delivered on a rolling-basis across one year or attended on a modular basis.
- Includes: 1 full day and 2 half days of training; termly 1.5-hour focused group forums and 1-hour individual coaching sessions – equating to 14 hours of continued professional development (CPD).
- Hosted at either our beautiful training centre, online or at your local hub.
- Gain access to our established SMHL network of participants from all our groups around the country.
- The minimum size of the training group will be eight SMHL colleagues and a maximum of 20 to enable the context and personal experience of every participant to be utilised in developing shared practices.
- The total cost is £800 per person. Contact us for rates per module.
The next scheduled training dates are:
Modules 7 and 8: Thursday 8th June 2023 (9.30am – 1:00pm).
Modules 1 to 4: Thursday 9th November 2023 (9.30am – 4.30pm). Lunch is provided.
Modules 5 and 6: Thursday 1st February 2024 (9.30am – 1:00pm).
Modules 7 and 8: Thursday 15th June 2023 (9.30am – 1:00pm).
Modules 1 to 4: Thursday 16th November 2023 (9.30am – 4.30pm).
Modules 5 and 6: Thursday 8th 2024 (9.30am – 1:00pm).
Both in-person and online training groups are invited to attend virtual Focused Group Forums:
Focussed Group Forum online (M7-8): Thursday 6th July 2023 (3.15pm – 5:00pm).
Focussed Group Forum online (M1-4): Thursday 30th November 2023 (3.15pm – 5:00pm).
Focussed Group Forum online (M5-6): Thursday 7th March 2024 (3.15pm – 5:00pm).
Key components of our training include a Terapia SMHL Learning Guide with reflective journal, individual coaching sessions and SMHL group forums.
Our facilitators are highly experienced in both school leadership and management, training delivery, as well as providing therapeutic support and guidance for children, young people, families and professionals.
If you have any questions regarding our SMHL programme, please contact Pamela Butler by email [email protected] or call Jonathan Block on 07795 297921.
To secure your place on Terapia’s SMHL Training you must complete a booking form (below) then apply to the DfE for your grant for senior mental health lead training, quoting our reference number: SMHL012.
- Senior mental health lead gov.uk page – www.gov.uk/guidance/senior-mental-health-lead-training
- Information on the grant conditions – www.gov.uk/government/publications/senior-mental-health-lead-training-grant-funding